Thursday, January 24, 2008

Altered Books (with Kids)

Is it possible to feel lust over a craft?

I have had this crazy burning desire to alter books. It's been going on for years. It's like the naughty rebel cousin of scrapbooking. While I was browsing homeschool blogs on WordPress, I found this cool lady who did an altered book activity with a group of Sunday School kids or something. I love the idea of using recycled board books.

AND I love how she painted them all white before she started. I think it would be so much easier for the kids to see the possibilities on a blank canvas. (Did you feel the almost-deep thoughts there?)

She referenced some really cool sites she found while looking for inspiration. They Inspired me, too. Maybe I"ll finish one of those altered projects I have started.

No comments: