Monday, September 9, 2013

Product recommendations

I think it's so important to pay attention to the products we recommend. I can't imagine recommending something that I haven't used or tried. If you scroll through this blog you'll see me often posting things we just purchased ad that endorsement is nothing more than "I bought this" but telling readers "You should buy this" takes a lot of courage and I think you need to establish respect with your readers before you do such a thing.
Source Site What do you think? Could you purchase things from a blogger or through their link, knowing they likely get paid for each sale) if you knew that they never even tried the product. It would be difficult to write much in that review other than "This looks good." I'd rather be able to say "OMG we love this product, we want three more." Since you probably looked here to see what my product recommendations are, not to read my words about the credibility of product recommendations. So here are two products I recommend, with all of my heart: Liquitex BASICS Acrylic Paint Tube 36-Piece Set and 30 Fine Art Paint Brushes for Acrylic, Oil, Watercolors. I recommend the paints because the colors are clean and crisp and the texture is nice and creamy. The colors mix well together and they dry to a nice finish. I recommend the brushes because they're labeled first of all. Acrylic paints don't do well with natural bristle brushes. You CAN use them but the fact is that they deteriorate over time, literally turning to mush. And using specific watercolor brushes is smart because they carry and distribute the water instead of repelling it or absorbing it.

No comments: